Mildura South Kindergarten operations are managed by a voluntary Committee of Management consisting of parents whose children are attending the Kindergarten.
Kindergarten committees of management work closely with Educators who are responsible for delivering quality kindergarten programs.
The Committee of Management meets monthly and relies on parents for support in all areas. To be on the Committee of Management, each member must be elected at the Annual General Meeting(AGM) held in November each year for the year ahead. If you would like detailed information about the Committee structure and roles please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Committee of Management meets one a month, traditionally on the third Thursday of each month however the day and time can be decided based on what works for the majority of the committee members, as it is important to achieve maximum attendance.
Committee President – Kate Petit
Committee Vice President – Suzie Ellis
Treasurer – Melissa Pitt
Upcoming Meetings –
1st Term February 2021
2nd Term April 2021
3rd Term July 2021
4th Term October 2021
November 2021 (Executive / Budget / AGM Prep Meeting)
November 2021 (AGM / Information Evening)
December 2021 (Final Meeting – Combined 2020/2021 Committee)
All parents/guardians are most welcome to attend the Committee Meetings. Please make it a worthwhile year for your child by participating in the ventures undertaken. There are many ways in which all parents can help out at the kindergarten, just ask the teachers. A little hand every now and then is much appreciated. We encourage parents to be involved in your child’s kindergarten years.
Executive committee members work in conjunction with the Administration Officer to assist in completing all duties and responsibilities. The executive committee members are required to attend monthly meetings.
- Chairs Meetings
- Committee appointed Representative for DEECD
- Fulfils role of President when necessary
- Responsible for cash flow
- Tax regulations
Secretary / Public Officer
- Prepare correspondence as directed by the committee
- Maintain files & records
- Minute take and prepare Committee meetings
Parent Duty Roster
- Formulate and distribute parent duty roster each term
- Organise fund raising activities with Committee approval
- Responsible for ground maintenance
- Process book club forms
- Ensures the service complies with the OH&S Act & Regulations in its daily operations
Policies Sub Committee
- Develop and review Kindergarten’s policies guided by ELAA
Annual Service Review
- Prepare, collate and analyse parent survey
- Prepare monthly newsletter
- Maintain current information
- Review; systems, programs, equipment and service provider.
- Ensure staff are up to date with IT equipment